Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

11.08.2005

Ben Lee!

I guess this isn't really knitting related, but this is my most used online space to share things. I saw my favorite person tonight, Ben Lee!

Last time I saw Ben I gave him a wombat that I knitted him that day. It looked like this but without ears (this one belongs to Amy_Ruth from Craftster):


I was so wrapped up in the performance that night that I had to abandon the knitting!

I have written a lot about how I feel about a Ben Lee performance, you can read it here and here if you wish. Tonight was a little bit calmer than last, people gathered on the floor and he likened us to a kindergarten class. New Buffalo opened, and she was amaaaaaazing. She was a stately blond with a really, really beautiful voice and a lace dress that made me wonder where her and Lara (one of Ben's Soldiers of Bliss/backup band) get these great clothes.

I saw Ben walking in Northampton before the show and I couldn't help myself from yelping hello. Later he walked over on some tables (mid-song!) and bent down to ask me how I was doing. Close range Ben Lee, the smile just doesn't get any larger!


End of non-knitting gushing!

CR

2 Comments:

Blogger skg said...

YAY! that's so awesome!

5:38 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I wonder where you get your cute clothes!

P.S. I tagged you with a meme on my blog.

Amy

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home