Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

4.18.2006

WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL??

THIS GIRL!

Eric surprised me with a bottla'champange! Awwwww yeah!

Back to reality...May 1st deadline looms and my first designs are going well, but not quickly. Time to bury myself in this pile of this knitter's "essentials": sweaters to use as giant templates, Lexie Barnes bags, 1995/Colin Firth edition of "Pride and Prejudice" (thanks again Melissa and Megan!!!) calculators, Denise needle kit, measuring tapes, reference books, little half-knit sweater zygotes, a yoga mat, a Glampyre pattern for diversion when needed, a cone of Webs' new alpaca-silk blend, vintage circular needles, etc...

Cheers!

Cirilia

EDIT: Okay, holy crap, today RULES! Lexie's site is updated, and your's truly is on page one along with a foxy lady whose name I forget and Lexie's adorable baby boy. Her new prints are AMAZING and it looks like I'll be adding another to my collection.

14 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Congratulations! That's great that you were accepted! And also congrats on your Lexie modeling gig. You're on a roll, huh?

7:10 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Woohoo! High-five girlfriend!

Amy

7:11 PM  
Blogger MelissaKnits said...

oh my gosh...you're on lexie barnes' front page! That is very cool. Grad school is also very cool, although I think this means we will see less of you at the store.

And there is no such thing as too much champagne.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Dena said...

Congratulations all around. And I really love the new Lexie prints too.

4:25 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Hahaha what a great day! Brian and I do the two thumbs thing ALL THE TIME. I'm so happy for you, and good luck with your deadline - plenty of time, really (at least that's what I'm telling myself, I have a deadline of my own on the 5th!)

4:44 AM  
Blogger KateB said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations! I know that you were trying so hard not to get your hopes up when you were put on the waiting list...and now you're in! How awesome!

5:11 PM  
Blogger MelissaKnits said...

Golly Gee..what happened to the champagne encrusted portion ;)

Please tell me the time on this is not EST and that I did not actually post at 2am....no, it was four, I remember. ENJOY Colin, and every time you see the pond diving bit, think of Girl!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Elizzabetty said...

Congrats all around!!!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Congratulations, Cirilia! How cute are you?! Since I'm a new reader, I don't know what kind of grad school you got into, but being a career student myself, I have to say hurray!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

p.s. I just checked out that link you posted in your comment...holy shit! girl, that bjork costume is TOO much! just brilliant.

p.p.s. i figure the whole neko-worship thing evens out every time i drool over kiefer sutherland and/or jakob dylan. or jake gyllenhaal....

10:57 PM  
Blogger thinggtwoo said...

Congratulations!!! LOVE your stuff, btw! So, you work for the store, is that it? I appreciate that, but I really wanted to see her/hear her talk, you understand. I'm heading up to Grafton Friday night - then if I'm truly addicted, I'll drag my husband & Daughter to the signing on Saturday! :-)

4:00 PM  
Blogger thinggtwoo said...

Oh, you don't say...??? Hmmmm - I just might do that, too!!! WAAHOOOO!! ;-)

5:50 PM  
Blogger skg said...

FUCK YEAH! congrats lady! and i love the pic on lexie's site!!!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Lara M said...

well dooonnnee!!!!!!!!!

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home