Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

11.21.2005

My favorite Scorpio.

Happy Birthday David Bays!


A few years ago David and I would hang out until the wee small hours, and he would walk me back to my dormitory in brisk darkness. He never looked warm enough, and I would worry, which he always tells me I shouldn't. One day I told him to wait while I ran up to my room on the 7th floor to fetch him a hat. I tried to throw it down from a balcony in a Juliet-esque manner, but the thing landed on another balcony on the way down! It was a cheap grey Wal-Mart hat that I wore for rowing, but it would've kept his brain warm on the walk home.

It is a hilarious memory, but this year I've knit him a replacement. It's a Seaman's Cap, which probably would make Dave giggle, and it's made out of Karabella Aurora 8. What a perfect man yarn! Super-soft and washable too, and this color doesn't offend. I should mention that Dave requested an 'detachable optional pom-pom, in case I'm feeling pompous'. Hilarious, kind and now well-hatted, David is tops with me.

Cirilia

2 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

What a cutie! I hope you gave him is pompass pompom.

Amy

4:25 AM  
Blogger skg said...

hope your GREs went well! see you tomorrow.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home