Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

6.01.2006

Yawn...

Was pulled into a meeting today with yarn reps to offer opinions. That's happened a number of times since I've been at Webs and it's always quietly exciting. Today was especially so because I got to discuss the merits and pitfalls of Lycra fortified yarns with Norah Gaughan herself! She was very sweet and dressed the way she designs, simultaneously casual and sharp.

It's incredibly humid in Massachusetts and that pretty much crushes my will to live. I have noticed that the American affection for air conditioning is in full force, which makes me happy because it necessitates sweater wearing (and knitting) well into July, at work and on my bus commute.

My knitting thoughts are all pretty boring these days. They involve stripes (nautical, candy cane, Freddy Krueger), very simple shapes and buttons along shoulder seams.

Okay, this snoozefest of an entry is official over!


CR

4 Comments:

Blogger MelissaKnits said...

some days I am so jealous of your work schedule...

uggh - humidity and a refusal to use a/c makes me long for Alaska or similar! Or just someplace dry - Arizona??

7:55 AM  
Blogger Huelo said...

It's breezy and quite pleasant here. Especially because tonight I tried your bacon and brussel sprouts confection and it was so good! Peasant gourmet.

9:02 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:46 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Sorry. I posted to the wrong entry :-(

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home