Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

12.21.2006

Ack.

That's right, ack. I'm trying to finish end of the year work and it's not...working. I was planning on NOT gifting this year because A) I didn't have time for a repeat knit performance of last year and I didn't have time to shop for everyone. I happen to come from a long line of very finicky, very wise shoppers, and it's a daunting task. I didn't want to resort to scratch tickets or Dunkin' Donuts gift cards (though I would if they promise to never hire a new ad manager, ever). So I did this:


I have about 12 more to make. They're so fun! Pattern in Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick. They make me laugh an inordinate amount. Anyhow, back to work with me...

Cirilia

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Hah! I love the "Firtalian" commercial playing now ...

8:27 AM  
Blogger MelissaKnits said...

never underestimate the power (and salvation) of a gift card.

11:37 AM  
Blogger s.i. michaels said...

Oh my god, tell me about it. I've done better this year but that's partly because of a Secret Santa instituted by another knitting friend who didn't want to wear out her fingers like last year...Sigh.

Happy holidays!

12:14 PM  
Blogger skg said...

okay, it's official! i am really truly i have the plane ticket, coming to northampton the weekend of jan 13-15. i will definitely be coming to webs to by some yarn ;-)

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home