Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

1.01.2006

Finally!

Aight, so the holidays are officially over. Happy EVERYTHING to EVERYONE! I hope everyone's knitted gifts were well received. My work even spawned some specific requests (a Zissou hat for an old friend, a and pair of house socks for an uncle), which is pretty awesome.

I didn't want to interfere with the Christmas merriment so I didn't bother to make everyone find the one sunbeam in the house and pose for ideal yarn objectification...apologies!

Berroco Foliage in garter stitch for Uncle Rickles.

Schaefer Elaine in feather and fan for my Nana. Both blocked at the very last minute..

Hat for brother Vin, in Valley Yarns Berkshire, with a stripe of Berroco Vibe. I felted the whole thing for extra warmth and to minimize it's poofiness.

Not a great pic, but another hat, this time in Rowanspun Aran, with about two inches of Plymouth Baby Brush Alpaca hiding under the brim, to minimize itchiness. It isn't that elf-pointy, my grandpa is a ham!

Dad's Noro Kureyon hat got the same alpaca treatment, a.k.a. Skrilla's Hat Trick.

These two cuties also got hats (white Tahki Bunny) but didn't get a chance to model them. Their mother got a Berroco Lavish cowl, my version of a baby-proof scarf.

Irena, who has mastered the pout, and her new brother Richard, enjoying the good life.

Here' s hoping your holidays were happy ones!

Back soon with knitterly resolutions,

Cirilia

3 Comments:

Blogger Dena said...

Hooray for well received holiday gifts. I have a few on my side too. I also have a special Childs annual CD compilation with your name on it. It'll find its way to Webs in the next week.

3:47 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Your niece looks just like you in that picture. Everyone seems very pleased with their gifts, including yourself.

Amy

6:30 PM  
Blogger Huelo said...

I miss you and can't wait to get back to work! I was browsing in one of those prosti-tot mall clothing stores the other day, and I totally saw a blatant copy of your dino sweater. Not nearly as cute of course. Don't you hate being a trendsetter sometimes? I know I do...

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home