Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

12.13.2005

Links galore!

I just ate an entire can of sliced beets. It was delicious, and beets have the most gorgeous little designs in them, thin white veins. Who knew?

I wish this post were more exciting, I really do. I'm just procrastinating. I'm working on graduate application stuff, and stuff like this always makes me stall out like an old bus. It's just too hard for me to put Big Goals into writing, much less get my brag on.

Few knitterly things to report. I'm in the midst of my first holiday gift knitting frenzy, or as Stephanie calls it, IT. IT is truly scary. Some projects haven't worked out according to plan, so there are last minute revisions...chunky yarns and drop stitch patterns are my BEST FRIENDS. I just hope I've pegged everyone correctly with colors and textures. I fret a lot over such things.

Eric completed his scarf and will guest blog soon to debut the masterpiece. I'm thoroughly impressed by his effort. When I wasn't around to offer advice, he consulted Maggie and the Bible, which is adorable.

I completely forgot that I joined a knit-along a few weeks ago. We're knitting Demi from Rowan Vintage Style and I swatched MANY contenders: 4.0 Donegal Tweed and Brora Softspun, both on a cone, both from work. Two shades of Tahki Donegal Tweed (the lively hunter and the Granny Smith pale green). None of these looked 'right', and I am not posting pictures because they are all hard to photograph tweedy shades of green.


I did pick a winner though, and I'm well into the bottom portion of the back. The winning yarn is a rather plain brown by Classic Elite. It's Skye Tweed in Pheasant, which is discontinued but ever so lovely. Speaking of pheasant as anyone read 'Danny the Champion of the World' by Roald Dahl?


It's a beautiful story, and now the sweater and it are permanently associated in my head.

The flecks are caramel and lilac, barely noticable but lovely. Buttons are a key element in this sweater, and I've found the perfect ones. They are rustic, floral and flecked with lavender, perfect for the yarn and pattern. And they smell nice!

Lexie photoshoot this weekend. The day before it, in celebration of the solstice, I will be doing 108 sun salutations at my yoga center. Hopefully this will land me in the right frame of mind to be all Zoolander on Sunday.

Over and out,

CIRILIA

2 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Thank you for the kind words regarding Yarntopia. It's nice to have someone in the business out there in cyberland to bouce stuff off of.

I can't wait to see the Lexie photos. The next time I talk to her, I'll tell her you are one of my blog friends. Small world.

Amy

5:03 AM  
Blogger Huelo said...

Danny Champion of the World was one of my favorite books in 5th grade. And you should go to Russia if you like beets. Maybe when I get back we can throw a Russian party, and we'll eat beets and cabbage and chase our vodka shots with black bread and salty fish.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home