Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

12.16.2005

Wow.

I have to say that I am in total agreement with the Yarn Harlot today. That version of "Christmas" doesn't mean much for me anymore. With the maniacal focus on consumption and the hubris surrounding the utterly petty semantics of "Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas", I am pretty turned off to the whole thing. Stephen Colbert has captured it well and kept me in stitches (ha, pun!). I have finally stopped feeling bad for admitting that the Biblical stories I was raised on are little more than mythology to me. As a Unitarian, I enjoy the traditions that were Pagan in the first place, and I plan to celebrate the winter solstice from now on.

These are things I think of when knitting up all those gifts (there will be pictures after they are opened). I have the great fortune of belonging to a family that will accept the homemade gifts and the sentiments they contain.

CR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home