Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

5.03.2007

HI!

I'm alive. This is the View (pun intended) from my office, also known as my couch butt dent. Also known as the reason I haven't posted any finished objects of late. To be completely honest, I also started a few NEW projects...which have been distracting me from the ones I could finish and post. Casting on seems to be my little coping mechanism.

The detritus on the floor. I am doing a paper on DIY/craft consumption, so those Blueprint magazines are my primary sources! The sock yarn...well...


It's just more coping! It's a two-circ-toe-up for Brett, my best grad school friend. It's Regia Silk 6-Ply, perfect since he's a fancy lad, whom you might remember from this massive post. My star tattoo (1 of 11) is fading!

To my left (allergy season requires tissues and BIG sunglasses!) That little stack of books are all about women in comedy, for my Politics of Sexual Representation final paper on Sarah Silverman.

To my right, my Bible and my best electronic friend. I've been texting so much this year I'm actually considering some sort of Blackberry for my next phone.


My hilarious dollar store mug, which I only pull out on stressful days.



It's true, I don't have anything finished to post. I got my sock pal, that's exciting! We have a fair bit in common. She is open to anything and it seems like she leans towards the utilitarian...maybe I can spoil her a bit. If my pal is reading, HI! I promise to post a bit more between now and August. Should be easy since I'll be working at Webs over the summer where it's okay to think about knitting 24-7.

There has been a lot besides knitting on my brain lately and some of it is apartment related. I've been trying to figure out whether I'd like to live on my own next year but for the summer Eric and I have a sweet sublet with an option to renew for the year ahead. We signed the lease this A.M. and I saw bunnies and two black squirrels! The landlady told me that one was a baby (she could tell because of it's puny tail). Cute animals and a savvy landlady, where do I sign?

Oh, I cut my hair! I wanted it even shorter but the smart stylist (his name was Butch) sensed that I would've just whined with it super short. Baby steps. I also dyed it black and the bangs are Manic Panicked Midnight Blue. It's all part of my plan to convince the world that pale is the new tan.


Okay, time for some Alavert and big shades, I'm going for my catwalk. Brett has his daily promenade and I have my catwalk. It's absolutely essential:


CR

P.S. I'll be wearing my Croc Primas, not those killers!

8 Comments:

Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Hi Cirillia,
I'm not sure if you'll remember me but I took a knitting class with you last year at webs...knitting a sweater in the round top down...good old Barbara Walker...anyway back then I didn't really blog much and I'm getting into it now and came across a comment you left on Ysolda's blog(which I look at every now and then) and made the connection!
Anyway I wanted to thank you for that class as it majorly affected the way I knit and has even got me into designing (all seamless top down creations). Infact Knitty are publishing something of mine in the summer issue (very excited). I'm not in Mass at the moment but will be for the summer so no doubt I'll be in webs and will be sure to say hi!
Gudrun

2:37 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I guess my little ladies have a flair for fashion. I think they would do Lexie proud!

Your pictures aren't pulling up on my blog, but I wish I could see your hair! I bet it looks awesome.

Amy

4:46 PM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

Pale IS the new tan. Love the hair. Good luck with the end of the semester!

10:52 PM  
Blogger s.i. michaels said...

Love the hair, can commiserate with the fading foot/ankle tattoo, and have added your bible to my wishlist. Sounds very interesting.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Great hair cut!! I really love it!

And the last pic for your catwalk. Those shoes are killers but so cool!

6:53 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

my friend recently talked me out of cutting my hair super short again, so i only cut 3 inches off. i love the length and cut of yours, it's just perfect.

those shoes in the last pic look like killers, but they're so great, i'm sure they're worth a little suffering!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

cirilia!
i remember you saying you didn't understand short hair, and i'm glad you reconsidered. ya look great!
pass the spf please,
bonnie

3:46 PM  
Blogger jenny gordy said...

i love your hair! i manic-panicked my hair with hot pink streaks when i was 18, and for some reason it caused an inordinate amount of guys to hit on me! how weird is that? do you think it just made guys think i was super kinky or something? :)

by the way, i like it when people post pictures of themselves on their blogs. it's nice to see the face behind the personality.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home