Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

9.05.2007

Tap tap...

Is this thing on?

I disappeared! And I didn't even know it but the last post I made (on August 13th) was my 100th post, at least at this blog address. Cool.

I've been busy with moving and grad school has started up again so I've been consumed with those two things. I've been having almost constant agita since moving--the yarn is just out of control and there is very little closet space so while it's a much bigger apartment than the last, the yarn has nowhere to GO. I've had to invest in a set of vacuum space bags. I thought about posting pictures, but the hard squished bricks of yarn are too sad, I could almost be accused of yarn abuse!

If there is anything that makes me feel like I have too much yarn it's calculating the amount I spend on STORAGE for the yarn. I could knit a cashmere afghan with what I've spent on plastic storage bins, no joke. And those vacuum bags aren't cheap either. I read on Ravelry that you shouldn't actually vacuum out the air because it could permanently compress the fibers.

Anyhow, I am knitting and hope to be able to post a picture of my Minimalist cardigan soon which I am close to finishing. It's looking like it will be an adorable wearable sweater and I already have two orders for them. I don't think I'll mind because it's such a straightforward pattern, really quick and easy knitting. I'll probably be knitting a second for myself as well!

My modeling has been truly exciting recently--in the next Webs catalog you'll see me modeling a garment I designed and knit in what I think is the nicest Valley Yarn yet, Sheffield, a merino/silk/angora blend. I'm actually pretty pleased with this sweater and hope it finds some fans. It was really fun to work on the entire page of the catalog, from the copy to the garment to the modeling it was all DIY!

The next job on deck is seriously fantastic but top secret for now! All I'll say is that I had to give my measurements to a very cool lady today...

I'll be back with pictures!

CR

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Stella said...

Oh, that IS exciting! Congrats -- can't wait to see the catalog.

11:44 PM  
Blogger elizabeth marley said...

Welcome back!

I'm with you on starting school and moving. I have nowhere to put anything and I can't seem to find any of my school supplies. Right now, my yarn is living in the cardboard boxes I packed it in. Poor yarn!

Congrats on your new design! I can't wait to see it.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Ooh, can't wait to see your design!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Oooo.... tantalizing bits of info...I'm feeling your excitement! Look forward to seeing your design..is the minimalist sweater your design too?

8:44 AM  
Blogger Dena said...

The catalog came in today and your sweater looks wonderful. This will be a must knit for me.

Less then 500 people before me on Ravelry. Not pleased with how my photos have been turning out, I ordered a light tent and it arrived last night. Maybe I'll spend the afternoon photographing yarn.

The thing I'm most excited about in anticipation of my invite is being able to keep track of all those projects I want to make.

10:07 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

i'm so excited to see your sweater in the catalog, i can't wait!

i bet the minimalist cardigan looks great in the terra, i've been wanting some of that yarn since i first saw it.

how long will we have to wait to find out about the secret modeling job?

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home