Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

5.27.2007

Cummington 2007...

...was WAY TOO FUN! I am so happy to have a gang of ladies nearby who are as over the moon about spending a day huffing lanolin and giggling at bleating animals as I am. I was on the fence about Rheinbeck but I decided that Sheep and Wool festivals are pretty much the best ever.

As we arrived, Jenna's car passed THE ELKINS-MOBILE exiting. That whole adage about logging 'facetime' with your bosses is all the better when it's accidental! We (Jenna, Huelo and I) were half-shamed and half-proud to be revealed as total wool junkies. But I'm pretty sure the Elkin's knew about our collective habit the day they hired us!

There are a lot of pictures of adorable animals and happy knitters over at my Flickr. Just a taste:

You can't see my contribution, but this is Val, Spunky Eclectic and I modelling our handpainted hair!


Happy Knitters! Huelo, Jenna and Dena:


Bloggers...bloggers who blog bloggers...are the luckiest bloggers in the worlllld...(Megan and Melissa)


After a hard and fast deliberation, Jenna decides that this lamb burger probably had an excellent life on a posh farm...


This picture reminds me of Carnivale...maybe it's the empty pew-esque seats or the old fashioned fonts on the posters...I love it!



You want to see what I bought?? Not THAT much, but definitely more than I expected to!!

Greenwood Hill Farm Merino 2-Ply DK in Pewter, a blend of natural greys. This was the only thing I was "looking" for...I wanted a soft, rustic wool for a really basic garter stitch shawl, like the Prairie Shawl from Folk Shawls. This stuff is really, really, really nice.



Spunky Eclectic spinning fiber, 8 oz. of South African Fine in Rocky Mountain High. Jenna has generously agreed to spin this up for me! I can't tell you how excited I am about this! Hopefully enough for a hat and thrummed mittens with whatever is left over. I just noticed that this matches a favorite fabric of mine.


Shearling inserts! Probably for the inside of some felted slippers that I've been promising to make for yeaaaaaars. A pair for Eric and a pair for moi, both doing first position in this photo. All the comfort of Uggs, but on the DL.


Now to commence with my crazy week. First, to tackle these:


Then, to move. Lots and lots and lots of yarn. Then, working the Harlot event and easing back into Webs life in general (after this school year, it will actually be more like a 6-year-old running towards a pool to do a giant cannonball!). Speaking of her, she has written that when you move, somewhere in the old house, there is yarn. My apartment is so small that I doubt this could happen to me but I sort of feel like leaving a ceremonial ball anyway.

Speaking of yarn, JENNA AND KATHY, YOU WERE RIGHT. I have seen the light, and it is Log Cabin-y! To Jenny and Nicole of Stash and Burn, this is what you do with the "stupid single ball of Noro," of which I have puh-LENTY. P.S. ladies, I don't want to freak you out or anything, but I love you both. You had me at Macintosh square!! Hey, maybe I can Log Cabin a Macintosh square!!?!



Over and out,

CR

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Looks like you had a blast!!! Aren't you guys too cute with your great hair! I love it!!

8:22 AM  
Blogger hotsauce said...

If you're not too beat after the Harlot event, we're celebrating my Brian's birthday at the Moan & Dove on Wednesday, 9:00. Stop by if you can. Peanuts are on me.

7:44 AM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

I've never been to a fiber festival (crazy, I know), but all evidence suggests that this one has the most adorable livestock. Your Flickr photos are killing me! Good luck with the grading and moving!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oooh, you got some nice things. Luckily I had Ed's niece to distract me from buying too much!

I'd offer to trade the Louet with you (as I am a sucker for pink), but since they are for a gift...I cannot :(. I don't think pink socks for a Red Socks fan will have the same appeal :)

See you at Webs!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Nicole and Jenny (aka Stash and Burn) said...

Between the lamb burger and the shearling inserts, now I know I must go to Lambtown in July.

Also, I have Francesca in brown!

nicole.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is this mass sheep and wool and why have i not heard of it? man. all the good thnigs happen in the valley after i leave.

were there pygmy goats there? i saw one in switzerland and want one. right now.

that kureyon is inspiring. almost makes me want to buy MORe singles!

YAY UMASS. i love to watch an a hole feel awkward and unwelcome. :)

5:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

---

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home