Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

1.28.2006

Meet Pismo.

I FINISHED A SWEATER.

Well, not really. It's more of a sweaterlette. The abbreviated sleeves took about 5 minutes to knit whereas normal sleeves take me eons. The pattern is from Berroco, #241, and the sweater is called Pismo. The yarn is Noro Kureyon #115.

This was a fun knit, mostly because I love Noro SO much. I was also really focused on this one project, which made my progress nice and steady. I'm going to try to keep that up. I am at the start of a three day weekend, during which I hope to organize all my crafty goals for the year. First up is tackling my fear of the antique sewing machine I recently inherited. This is me, but with a sewing machine:

This week I went to Salvie's (my favorite boutique, the Salvation Army) on 50% off day with a few coworkers and totally SCORED. Tons of nice wool sweaters, some with angora! It was a date with destiny...and lots of Eucalan.

OH, I forgot--Episode 7 of Brenda Dayne's podcast Cast On mentioned Webs TWICE. I listen to it while I walk to work so it was pretty hysterical. I forget sometimes that we are Yarn Mecca to a lot of people. Speaking of Webs, has anyone seen the new ads for the new yarns, mostly on Knitters Review? My friend Jazmine is designing them now and they are SUPER PRETTY. It's fun to have so many art-minded friends these days =)

Over and out,

Cirilia

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I saw your Lexie Barnes advertisement at TNNA. You looked FANTASTIC! You know I had to do some name dropping when I told Lexie that you were one of my blog friends.

Amy

8:19 PM  
Blogger Huelo said...

OMG SO adorable! Maybe that's how my dibs on ribs will reincarnate...

8:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I found your blog throught Google. I'm planning on making Pismo myself out of Colinette Wigwam. Yours is absolutely gorgeous. Simple, but very cute and fun. Looks very good on you.

6:39 AM  
Blogger s.i. michaels said...

1) the sweater is lovely.
2) I'm determined to remain hopeful that I will not be maimed by my sewing machine.
3) I love that you call it Salvie's. Value Village (an equivalent here in the Northwest) is known as V.V. Boutique in our circle.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home