Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

7.17.2006

Antsy!

It's been awhile, I'm sorry. Summer and I just don't get along. I enjoy sunny days just as much as the next girl but the heat turns me into an ineffectual pile of sludge. I hate it. Bring on the Fall!

Since I never seem to post any out of the apartment pictures, here is one of two lucky girls watching Stars at the Siren Fest thanks to a boost from their Daddio. It's good to have a Daddio!


No knitting to show. Shame! I've been watching all sorts of summery stuff on the tube and the screen and sort of zoning out as I watch. When I'm not knitting I'm attending Sock University, trying as many different ways to knit socks as I can. So far, there has been a lot of reading, a lot of ripping and no socks to show for my efforts. But it's okay! I'm learning so much, and that's good. Socks intrigue and challenge me. They remind me that I'm still very much a beginner when it comes right down to it.

I've been seeing a lot of cute jackets out there. This jacket is simply adorable, as is this sketch by Eunny. We had the Berroco trunk show for Norah Gaughan's visit and after trying on Trixie, I am still a fan. And I even developed a new sweater crush on these which can be unisex, methinks.

I have been beading. It's fun, expensive and too fast. Pictures soon. Oh, speaking of pictures, as soon as I get permission from the designer I will share the photos from the latest modeling job.

Okay, I will now accept my award for World's Boringest Blogger. Thank you!

Cirilia


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy mole-E, you knit like a crazed criminal! Awesome! Hey, I stumbled onto your knitting page and deciding to include it into my video game...I would really appreciate it if you would play it and and let me know what you think! It is called Maximum Avacado and it is found at www.poostank.com. If you die during the video game...you should try to escape death...cuz thats where you come in...lol. Anyway!!! You should let me know what you think...please...then I can buy a scarf from you or something rad...sgshredhead@gmail.com...

~joel from washington

1:03 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

I really like Trixie and the "Alan" sweater is too cute/comfy looking. My DH might even like it :-) But unisex? Definitely.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I c.o.v.e.t. that jacket from Phildar. It is indeed incredibly cute. Thanks for pointing it out, now I've got to make it!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home