Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

2.12.2006

This is for Amy Greeman.

They totally want to go on a double date!

Olympians, I picked the right project. The Lace Leaf Pullover is zipping right along! I think the only hurdle will be the grafting and seaming of the sleeves. My yarn is proving troublesome, it runs out of steam at the 49 yard mark, and there is no easy way to join in new yarn invisibly. The many, many plies are unsplice-able and what's worse, snagging on lots of things! I really considered using something else, something decadent, but I already had this in my stash and couldn't bear to not use it up once and for all.

I've even met a few Olympians at work recently, good luck to Danielle and Stephanie (didn't catch your blog name, but I know she's working on a baby sweater!).

Oh, last thing. Eric and I are knitting a scrap blanket in an attempt to stave off winter boredom/my yarn taking over the house. His focus and inate knitter sense really impress me. He's been doing most of the work so far. THIS blanket from the Mason-Dixon Knitting ladies is right up my alley.


Hah, check out my faux-'bump' in that picture. I guess I forgot to suck it in. Over and out,

CR

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Hi Cirilia,

You are right. The resemblance is uncanny! Maybe I should start calling you "cuz"?

Holey Moley, that afghan is gorgeous.

Amy

7:17 AM  
Blogger Terby said...

I don't understand what's going on, but I love Mike Doughty. I am jealous you have a photo of him on your blog.

The pullover is looking good!

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your lace leaf pullover. Hope you figure out a way to get your ends weaved in well. I darn mine in diagonally. Not sure if that would help..maybe ask for suggestions at the Knitty Coffeeshop? That's where I go when I'm stumped.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home