Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

7.29.2006

I'm busting at my mattress stitched SEAMS!

For serious. But I can't talk about it just yet. But here is a little scrap: There is a giant, awesome closeout at Webs for Noro Silk Garden, Kureyon, CASH IROHA, Transitions, Kocheron...and Arucania Nature Wool and Nature Wool Chunky. My readership is modest so I'm confident that promoting this closeout here won't totally wipe out the supply of wonderful wool that I will get my hands on today...I hope I'm not wrong!

More randomness that I'm going to blame on the heat:

Yesterday at lunch my coworkers and I had a lengthy conversation about superheroes and comic book movies--it was awesome. The only thing missing was the swapping of my health food for someone elses' Fruit Roll-ups. It's fun to work with people my age who totally aren't afraid to geek out. Apros pros of that, check out this totally spot-on quiz (thanks Melissa) :

Click here to take the "Which Superhero am I?" quiz...

I was 100% Spiderman!

Eric got a Macbook and I'm thinking of maybe getting one too but I think most of the desire stems from wanting to knit it one of Leigh Radford's stripey laptop cases...

That is all. Try not to melt today.

Cirilia

P.S. Isn't this cute?

5 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Argh....I should not be reading a blog of someone who works at WEBS -- temptress!!

7:44 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

ugh, i got that email too! i'm wondering if there will be any noro left on friday when i can get there. hope you're staying cool!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Dena said...

Hold it together just a little longer. There's not much waiting left. I had many, many dreams last night about some special yarns. I think the heat is getting to me.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Ooh! Thanks for the tip. Is it worth making the trek to webs or is the same stuff onsale online?

6:04 AM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Stay cool Cirilia!

I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear anything about the closeouts being on a yran diet and all.(Walks to mailbox and sees Webs closeout flyer) Argh! There is no escaping temptation ;-)

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home