Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

8.03.2006

Permission granted...

...to spill the beans. Starting today, Webs is carrying ROWAN. Details at 11!

This is all the Nature Wool:

The warehouse, a.k.a. Noroland, a.k.a. The Happiest Place on Earth! But not for long...some colors were sold out before they were even unpacked.

And some of my precious...Rowan.

I have been earning store credits like mad in preparation for this week, and I think I've spent wisely so far. I snagged 8 skeins each of Kureyon in 116 and Silk Garden in 34, two of Noro's best. They're destined for sweaterdom, maybe a Rosedale and something of my own design. I got Cash Iroha in a bronze and a light bright robin's egg blue, I'll probably stripe them in some way. There were a few randoms and some Rowan patterns--magazine 40, 34 and A Yorkshire Fable. The Rowan Yarn will be here, so I'm not in such a rush to buy that. I'm planning to get a whole palette of the Nature Wool, the Chunky for an afghan and the worsted for various colorwork. Even one skein equals a hat, so I'm thinking holiday gifts.

When the radio ad was in production the Elkins asked me to describe why Rowan has so much pull with knitters. I feel somewhat silly about how effective their sales pitch is with me, but I can't help it, and I don't really mind all that much. It's a complete aesthetic and one that I find really appealing. I gushed a lot more than that but I'm getting shy now. Anyhow, I'm really glad to have ready access to the stuff.

I should mention that all of this stuff arrives on a week where Eric has finally declared that he thinks I have too much yarn. He said he knows he can't stop me from buying it, but he's a little "impressed" with how much I have accumulated. I can't argue with him, and I really do know that he's right...but I don't believe in diets of ANY kind, least of all stash diets...

Sigh,

CR

8 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I said it once, and I will say it twice: TEMPTRESS!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Elizzabetty said...

I've been called an enabler for spilling beans such as this.

I'm just saying... ;-)

4:29 PM  
Blogger melissa said...

yessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
my life is complete.

i have been overheard saying that the only thing that would make webs better, was if they carried rowan.
yay!yay!

4:37 AM  
Blogger MelissaKnits said...

After you left, I bought more Noro...could not stop myself, it was just sick.

I need more store credit!!!!!!!!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

you are such a bad influence, but thanks! I just scored my first cash iroha and have you to thank! I'm so glad that Webs has Rowan now, too. I just moved less than an hour away!

10:08 AM  
Blogger amy said...

The Kureyon Closeout is a crazy-good deal. I bought 10 (gulp) skeins in color #139 this morning for Scarf Style's "Lady Eleanor".

ASIDE: If you can tell the IT people at WEBS at the pop-ups don't work for color samples (in FF or IE), that'd be great. My work-around was a Google Image Seach for each color:

#115, #131, #139, etc.

You know, that Rowan Chunky Print is a crazy-good deal, too. Isn't it usually $12-14 per ball? Hmm... NO! I LEAVE COMPUTER NOW!

11:56 AM  
Blogger amy said...

P.S. I was on a stash diet. I said I was going to buy no yarn in 2006. Starving, now look at me- binging! I can't even get into all the yarn I got today but let's just say I also hit up Knit Picks and Jo-Ann's. And I'm making my way over to Elann now... NO! I LEAVE COMPUTER NOW! FOR REALZ!

12:01 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

We got in our Fall Rowan and RYC stuff today. It is GORGEOUS!

Amy

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home