Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

6.07.2007

As promised...

EDITED TO ADD: Chloe, the yarn is yours, I just need some contact info! Unless this is Chloe who I know in real life. Please comment again or email me =)

I'm destashing! I think I've got some really decent stuff but you can see for yourself. Eric saw the bag of yarns I was giving away and had a cute reaction--he said "can any of them be for my blanket?" then dove, saucer-eyed towards a huge skein of Burlyspun. It was adorable! He tends towards the weirdest yarn he can find--tweeds, thick and thin, self striping (no novelties, though). Below is one of the prize items, in my opinion--7 balls of 100% cashmere in 70s pinks and browns. Hard to give away but I suspect it has a greater destiny than languishing in my stash.


Started my "new job" yesterday, which is really just a new position at Webs. I'm helping to put together the upcoming catalogs! It's awesome! Sneak previewing yarns and patterns, making lists, waxing rhapsodic about yarn...I'm loving it! Also, Malea my office mate plays Modest Mouse, Radiohead, Schoolhouse Rocks (the Remix album!) and Frou Frou all day. AND I get to see stunning sweaters like my coworker Mary's Beachcomber Tunic! It's drop-dead pretty and the work(wo)manship is A+. It's Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in a really cool mint green...inspiring. I love the banner on Mary's blog...you KNOW how I feel about clotheslines...clotheslines with yarn dangling from them, forget about it!

I've been a bad blogger of late (no responses to comments, no comments on your entries, etc.) but things are settling down at long last. Did I mention how much I hate moving? These two made me particularly jealous when I was moving last week:

An odd whole car hauling vehicle (it's in the background, and definitely on the road):


A wandering turtle on the UMass campus. So carefree!! Who knows though, maybe she has a little ball of laceweight tucked underneath her shell.


Oh, I almost forgot, I'm the guest on Ready, Set, Knit!, the Webs radio show/Podcast this weekend! I gave a few shout-outs to some favorite movers and shakers in the knitting world.

I'll leave you with a view from my new bathroom's clawfoot tub, easily one of my favorite features in the apartment. The rest is still a mess of yarn (that is, until I mail some off).


Bis dann,

CR

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Stella said...

Man, you're destashing some beautiful stuff. If i hadn't JUST declared a yarn-buying moratorium I would be all over it.

Happy moving (I'm in the middle of that myself and I'm right there with you on the turtle-envy), and enjoy your new job! It sounds awesome.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

I love the bathroom pic!

Your stash sale is great! I wish I had more room in my stash but I'm planning move soon too & I don't even want to think of what I will need to destash! ;)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Elizzabetty said...

A clawfoot tub?!? Oh, I would so love to have one of those some day. I hope you have many relaxing soaks!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Worldframe Productions said...

I would like to buy some yarn please.

If nobody's claimed it, the Brown Sheep Burly Spun, and the Lorna's Laces Tuscany:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43968257@N00/534489544/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43968257@N00/534490240/

Woo!
Chloe

4:45 PM  
Blogger MelissaKnits said...

cashmere. I have never had any cashmere. I just said that to kathy the other day.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Huelo said...

The cashmere is MINE. Also, new blog address! Now you can read it too!

http://huelosmellsyarn.blogspot.com

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I have the Koigu?

2:10 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hey are you selling the beautiful yarn in the post? It's sooooo pretty...my needles would like it :)
http://knitsane.blogspot.com/

3:43 PM  
Blogger Chloe Bee said...

Wrong Chloe! Although I am currently knitting a lovely pair of ankle socks with some Koigu. It always takes the hot weather/no school to get me back into knitting. Maybe I will actually start keeping a blog again.... <33

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may be a stupid question, but do you have an email address that I can send mine to instead of leaving it for public viewing on these comments? I can't seem to find any mention of it...but then again I could be having one of those days where you don't see the obvious.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home